High Impact Communication Skills for Salesforce Admins
Learn how to best communicate when writing, speaking or presenting your ideas at work.
THE CONTENT FOR THIS COURSE WILL BE UPLOADED DURING THE WEEK OF JULY 13, 2020
Communication, whatever method used, needs to inform. For Salesforce Admins, writing clear, concise, and comprehensible copy is critical to success. In this course, learn techniques for clarifying purpose, understanding readers, and organizing ideas.
Sometimes, as Salesforce Admins, we need to extract information from our colleagues. This happens, for example, when we are:
- Gathering business requirements;
- Trying to understand precisely what features, or screens, users are struggling with;
- Understanding which records a User expects to see, but cannot.
In other scenarios, we are the ones who need to share information with others. This happens, for example, when we are:
- Providing updates on requested functionality;
- Explaining how to use new features of Salesforce;
- Articulating that the validation rules or duplicate management rules are working precisely as requested and as expected;
- Sharing new enhancements that will be available with the latest Salesforce release.
Trying to get...and keep the attention of our target audience can sometimes be a real struggle.
Learning how to capture their attention, keep them engaged and extract the information we need can only be done efficiently with proper communication skills.
During this course you will learn how to avoid common pitfalls, how to best communicate what's needed to avoid distractions and frustrations when working with your colleagues. This will allow you to shine as a Salesforce Admin, continuously delivering solutions to your peers.
This course will help build your confidence while eliminating communication roadblocks at work.
Developing Your Professional Presence
- Why is it challenging to communicate well?
- What are the benefits of a good communicator?
- What characteristics will help you communicate effectively?
Working with Others: Interpersonal, Intercultural and Team Communication
- What listening skills will help you communicate better with others?
- How can you help others be good listeners when you speak?
- How can you manage interpersonal conflict?
- How can you improve communication with people from different cultures?
- How can you work effectively as part of a team?
Managing the Communication Process: Analyzing, Composing, Evaluating
- What are the benefits of analyzing?
- What is involved in composing?
- How does evaluating improve your communication?
Communicating Routine Messages and Building Goodwill
- How do you compose messages containing questions and requests?
- How do you compose informational messages?
- What kinds of messages build goodwill in business relationships?
Communicating Persuasive Messages
- How can you persuade your audience?
- What are the basic elements of persuasion?
- What types of business messages typically require persuasion?
Communicating Bad News
- How should you analyze and plan for bad news messages?
- What are effective strategies for composing bad news messages?
- How should you evaluate bad news messages?
- What types of bad news messages are common in business?
Preparing & Delivering Business Presentations
- What do you analyze when planning a business presentation?
- How do you compose the presentation?
- How do you deliver and evaluate the presentation?
- How do you handle questions and answers?
- How do you adapt your approach for online presentations?